Old 06-28-2011, 10:23 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well kids I have a few estate sales I am going to with a friend of mine and we are hoping to come out with several vintage machines and quilting goodies. I just refurbished a machine for her a Belvedere in a two tone brown that was REALLY pretty. It is a straight stitch/zigzag machine that also uses cams for the decorative stitches. I wish I took some photos of it because I want to find one just like it. But she is just the sweetest thing and has a really funny story in her quilting and sewing ventures.

She is 34 and has owned a 1948 Singer Featherweight since she bought it in 9th grade. She has quilted several queen sized quilts on it and a king sized quilt. Needless to say that is her favorite machine in the world and until just recently her only machine in the world. She has a really nice 1940's Singer industrial, a serger, and now the Japanese full size machine. She told me that she is so tickled to have a machine that she can use a zigzag stitch with. I am hopping to find the cams for her machine and after seeing my collection and the other machines that I am refinishing I think she has been bitten by the vintage machine bug bad! :lol:

But the work that comes off of the FW she has is phenomenal!!!

Billy
Find her at 201K to use in treadle!