Thread: Teacher Quilt
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:40 AM
mamabird3

Thank you so much for the lovely comments.

There is a tiny bit of a story behind giving her this quilt. Last year I made Marys (my 1st grader) teacher a reversible tote bag as a end of the year gift. Saras (my kindergartner) teacher was a co-teacher in that class. I made a quilt for the kindergarten class with their self portraits on it this year for an auction. So Saras teacher tells me last month... "you know you have to make me something this year too". lol I asked her what she wanted. She said it didn't matter, she likes everything I make. So I figured what the heck... and she is getting a quilt.

She is a great teacher. Kids adore her and so do I. After Annies (my 5th grader) experience with a not so wonderful kindergarten teacher I am so thankful for a great start in school for the other two girls. From experience I would say that your first teacher has a huge influence on the rest of your schooling. I volunteer alot in that school and I think they have one of the hardest jobs, as well as the most fullfilling.

Now the only problem with making this quilt is.... Mary will probably have the same teacher next year (fingers crossed) as she did in kindergarten. lol And those two are best friends and very competitive.... so I guess I better start thinking about next years quilt!!

Have a happy Day!