View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 06:31 AM
seweasy

I've seen so many cute baby quilts made with the templates that I wanted to give it a try. Since I enjoy making baby quilts, tablerunners and wallhangings the most, I was interested in finding smaller rulers than the 5"and !0" sizes templates but couldn't find any. So I went to a auto glass/plexiglas shop and they cut three sizes for me, 3",4" and 5", thought I'd get the 5" for maybe a wallhanging. I told the shop what I was using the sqaures for so they did a pretty good job making the templates very sqaure and good smooth edges. One or two had a few rough places that I was able to smooth out with 600 grit sandpaper. Paid $8 for all three!
I've drawn out the lines on the templates and started sewing the sqaures together. Now I have a two questions. First, I cut 4.5" blocks, can I use the 4" template or do I need to use the 5"? Second, after cutting the first row with the template; for the second row, do I turn the template the opposite direction and cut the next row or does matter which way the pieces are cut?
Any tips or suggestion would greatly appreciated :) Chris