View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 07:36 AM
jeaninmaine

I envy people who have the time and patience to make a hand made quilt. If I was ever lucky enough to get my hands on one, I'd probably hang it on a wall so it could be looked at and admired, I would never dare use it in case it got hurt.
That said, I personally prefer the thought of working with all the wonderful new techniques and designs that are coming along daily.
Why spend months doing something that could be done in a day on a long arm amachine. Or hand piecing a top that will probably be given to a relative who won't give it the care it needs. So many people talk about how the person they gave a lovely quilt to soesn't understand the time and love that went into it. Back in the days when I was doing a lot of handwork, my sister in law came along and cleaned me out, come to find out she wanted them to put in her church sale, I haven't given her anything since. If she'd said she wanted stuff for that, I had plenty that could have filled the bill, not the things I'd worked the hardest on.