Old 06-29-2011, 08:55 AM
vintagemotif

[quote=SewExtreme]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

I started a quilting journal this morning, not my usual blog posting. So, what did I write about- my vintage sewing machines. I want my kids to have the story correct about my vintage machines: how I found them, how much I paid for them, the condition of the machines when I picked them up, the age of the machines, what I named the machines, what I mainly used the machines for, and what I made with them.
Thanks for the encouragement. That is what I want to do for my children/grandchildren. I would add to your list of things to note: the stories I have collected from quite a few of the machines that I have... my aunt's.. ; my Mother's... and so on. I have enjoyed collecting them and maybe some of them will grow to appreciate what I enjoyed... or the person they sell the machine to someday. History in the making. I just need to begin like you have. :-D
If not for your children/grandchildren, than at least for the next steward of the machine that wants to know a bit of the history of the machine.