Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Willa

Originally Posted by Rose L
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by suzee
except that the person who made it was very secretive during it's construction.
Someone will catch you if you fix/repair/replace the block. They know exactly what their block looks like, and will look for it in the quilt...
I'm in agreement with the above. Besides we all know when we have mistakes in a quilt we've made ourselves and we also know that if it isn't mentioned the chances are good that no one else will notice. Most especially a happy and thankful recipient. I say use the block as is!
I agree!!! If you wanted a perfect quilt then you should have made it yourself. Put her block in the center surrounded by all the perfect squares.
First it will make her feel special and will let her know her efforts are appreciated (which they should be).
Second remember God allowed "special" people to be made imperfect and He still loves them just as much as perfect people. If God wanted perfection He could have had it.
Third as with any quilt there will always be something someone else doesn't like or would change, but someones effort is what makes it special and loved, not its perfectness.
Keep it as is and make it special!