Thread: Teacher Quilt
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

i really like this quilt. :D
I wanted to say how nice of you to make gifts for the teachers. My oldest daughter's MIL is a teacher of challenged children.
I don't know about other states, but here, they are trying to mainstream all the kids, which is ridiculous, not to mention, how unfair to the children.
But the up side to this story is, Frances is an absolute gem, for a teacher, and she has been at it for over 30 years.
She has endured it all. Her average day, besides the usual classroom stuff, involves, potty training, nose wiping, spit and drool cleaning, pad changing, paying for food sometimes, and regularly being yelled at, (tourettes syndrome) and cursed out. I don't say this lightly. It is not meant as criticism about the children, but to say how much I think she has done over the years, and although all teachers are not as dedicated as she is, there are more like her out there.
The closer retirement gets, the anxiety increases. She is so worn out, she has been having panic attacks, bc she retires in one month. I wish one of her kid's mom, were as considerate as you are. Thanks for sharing. :D