View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 01:42 PM
NJ Quilter

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
Originally Posted by NJ Quilter
The only suggestion I have for you to make sure your triangles are centered on your square...fold each piece in half and crease with your fingernail. Match up your creases and pin as you would for star points. That is, put a pin straight through the center of the crease on the top unit then through the center of the bottom unit perpendicular to your fabric. Hold the pin straight up and pin normally as close as possible to the center pin. Remove center pin and finish pinning your units. This should line up your pieces accuratelty without having to do extra trimming.
Do you mean to crease the square piece, then you can line up the point of the triangle on both sides, then re-crease for the other sides? If so, I can't believe I never thought of that. I'm sitting here with a freakin' little ruler with a mark on it for the center and laying it on the stupid square. OMG, DUH!

Thank you, thank you, thank you all!!!!
I would crease both the square and the triangle. Then you can match up the creases on both pieces that you have to match.