View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 03:13 PM
wattse2000

This is my first time quilting with a walking foot. In fact, this is my first time quilting by machine at all. I was so excited when I finished piecing my top that I got started with quilting before I had done enough research. My first mistake was the design I chose. It requires a lot of stopping and starting -- meaning I have to cut the thread and begin again in a new spot. On some blocks I just went ahead quilting without backstitching. That quilting started to come out so I started using a few backstitches. It makes the quilting kind of messy but at least (I hoped) it wouldn't come out. You can see the stops and starts in the picture. Unfortunately, the ends of the thread on some of those blocks is starting to come out as well. Now I'm almost done with the quilt and I'm afraid it's going to completely unravel with use and washing. I'm afraid I've ruined the entire quilt and I'm devastated!!! If sections come "un-quilted" will I be able to "re-quilt" them after the binding is already on? Have any of you ever had this experience??? Should I rip all the quilting out (would take FOREVER) and just do an all-over grid?

The pattern was my first mistake. The beginning and ending of stitching was my second.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218712[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218706.jpe