Old 06-29-2011, 05:54 PM
JanTx

Both these quilts are from the same web site and both were on sale for $29.99 each - including border, binding, and even backing. The pinkish one was pictured on the site with pinks and blues for the coordinating fabrics. My kit had grey, mustard, and a dark blue. The backing/binding/focus fabrics had a nice feel to them, but the solids felt coarse and rough. Now that it's finished I'll use it for something - the pink border softened it some and washing it helped the feel of the fabrics. I make quilts for high school graduates at my church and both of these will be used for that. At first I thought I'd have to find a teenage girl I didn't like to give this one to, but ... it's grown on me some. :)

The other one is a naval print and I like it much better - the fabrics play together a bit better.

I adjusted both quilts a little bit by adding a border or making the border wider than the pattern called for.

Would I order kits from this site again? Probably not. I'm a big fan of kits and have ordered many, but ... a bit disappointed in the "pink" one of these.

grey and mustard? Really?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218785[/ATTACH]

changed border from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 - that helped
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218786[/ATTACH]

black inner border was meant for binding
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218787[/ATTACH]

I like to frame them when the border is scrappy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218789[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218779.jpe   attachment-218780.jpe   attachment-218781.jpe   attachment-218783.jpe