Old 05-05-2009, 04:05 AM
Barbm

Have the Juki for over a year now. Love it!!!! Love the needle down, thread cutting, ease of use. I used to have the book open to the threading picture, but I can thread it with my eyes closed.

The walking foot and darning foot (for FMQ) came with it. Glad I didn't need to buy extras. The bobbin issue- I just make up a bunch of bobbins- usually 8 for a queen and have them ready to pop in whenever I need it.

My quilting has gotten so much better- having the proper tools reflects in your work. Another plus- since I have a better experience, I sew more! It goes faster as I pick up experience. Down side- nobody comes to visit me in my room. But it's OK- I like being alone with the peace and quiet.

I chose my Juki over the other 2 because I wanted a name synonymous with "workhorse". At the time we didn't have any sewing machine repair shops locally so I needed something that would withstand my newbie stage and train me. Now we have a place that comes once a week to a local quilt shop with the Janome machines. So I just go drool over them.