Old 06-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Pieceful Quilter

So, I purchased on sale the book, "Twist and Turn Bargello," by Eileen Wright. I took it to school to drool over during lunch. One of the teachers I work with (I am an Instructional Aide) went gaga over the book. Se is an avid artist - teaches art, makes jewelry, cards, etc. She is also a great friend, and I had been wondering what to give her at the end of the school year.

Well, a bargello table runner just made sense! I am on a very limited budget, but I was determined I could pull from my stash, and do some trading with a friend. The teacher's favorite colors are purple, pink, teal, and black.

I think I came up with a pretty good mix, even though I know I could have done much better if I had gone shopping for her specific colors. I quilted it with four different top colors to go with the fabric color. The main thing is, she really loved it!

For those of you who think you want to try a bargello quilt, you should. It is so fun watching it come together!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218953.jpe   attachment-218954.jpe   attachment-218955.jpe