View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Rose L

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by Tweety2911
This was the only affordable option for us and am thrilled to have the opportunity to quilt like the "big girls".
I'm not in the market and have no interest in acquiring a MA or LA but I have to admire Bailey's business acumen. He saw an open niche in the MA/LA market at a lower price point that wasn't being serviced, and he developed a product to meet it, with, from all reports, terrific customer service. NAYY.

As for it being only good for doing one's "own" quilts :roll: - it ain't the machine, it's the talent of the LA-er.
I've seen plenty of quilts done on a Gammill/Statler where the quilting had ZERO, ZILCH, NADA personality.

You are so right! The machine has nothing to do with quality it is all in the experience of the quilter. I have the Bailey 17 on the Original Grace frame. It only holds a 96 ince quilt but I can make that quilt 108-112" in length and it fits under the neck of the Bailey. You will have to wind tightly when you roll the quilt but it can be done. Secondly you don't have to buy a frame package when you purchase, you can buy any frame you choose. You just get a good price break when you buy a Grace frame package from Bailey's. Constomer service that you recieve from this company is unheard of in todays world. My Bailey broke after five months use and Chuck Bailey cheerfully sent me a brand new machine and paid for the postage for sending out and for me to send the broken machine back. The problems I had are very very rare and I only know of one other person who had the same issue. She too was given a brand new machine with no problems what so ever. I have NEVER felt like I made a mistake in choosing a Bailey and I am able to do everything that with my machine that a more expensive machine can do. I also have the Sew Control Stitch Regulator on mine and love it! I am completely happy with my Bailey!!