View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Pam B

The LQS I go to offered this as a monthly class for several months last year. I did not do it but my good friend did and I saw her finished quilt yesterday (she had just finished binding it). The quilt is absolutely gorgeous!!! She said it is easily the most costly quilt she has ever made as she had to purchase several 'feet' for her machine in order to do all the techniques. However, she did learn ALOT and also used several of those decorative stitches on her machine that she had not used before. Also, due to elaborate blocks, when she had it long-armed it was a bit more expensive as there was no way to do an all-over quilting design. Like I said, though, it is gorgeous and she is very happy with it!

Re the extra feet: she learned to put ribbon in her bobbin and sew, also to do chenille for some of the stems, and there was one foot where you put several different threads through it (can't remember what it was exactly), she did different kinds of yo-yos on some of the flowers, etc. Lots and lots of different techniques were used.