View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Lisanne

I didn't use to believe in ghosts. I can't say I do now, but I accept the possibility. I don't know that I see a difference between ghosts and spirits except in terms of how they behave, but I could be wrong.

I didn't use to believe in spirits, but years ago I worked with a woman who did. She told me she'd prove it to me when she passed on. When she did, I was living in another state and of course working elsewhere, too. I am a little psychic and sometimes pick up on things, as when people I'm close to have died or are going to die. I started having a feeling that a woman had died, but couldn't get who it was, only that her name started with M. (Now I know that psychics aren't kidding when that's as far as they can get with the details.) My mother had a sister and a cousin whose names began with M, but when I'd think of them, I'd get this sense of frustration and wrongness. Understand, I thought these were my own thoughts, not a ghost or spirit trying to communicate with me. I also started thinking of that old job, but I didn't connect it with the feeling that someone had died. Finally, after about three weeks of this, I made the connection and thought of the right woman, and immediately got this huge feeling of relief. I finally realized the feelings weren't mine, they were hers! A week or two after that, a co-worker from that job called me and he told me she'd died, so that confirmed it.

It really makes me wonder whether my "knowings" as I call them are ESP or a spirit telling me. I mean, sometimes they're very trivial things. Example: Once I drove by a store thinking I wanted to go in and get a certain thing, and had a thought, as if a voice had spoken in my head, not to bother, that they were out of the item. Of course then I had to go in to see if I (or the voice) was right, and it was.

What makes you ask?????