View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by Needles
Thank you. Am going to try this, sounds wonderful. I would like to suggest you not use 'cooking' wines, all of them are undrinkable because they are full of sodium. We don't drink much either but I always keep a bottle of red and white wines in my pantry. You can purchase them at any time then. Unopened,they will keep for a long time.

Even opened, they keep for quite sometime and if they do turn to vineagar, I use them in my marinades for steak and chicken. So there is never any loss.

I also let the 'diner' add his/her own salt, at the meal rather than adding it to dishes being cooked. Many watch their sodium intake because of high BP. I only ad salt when I am doing baked goods.
Never really thought of people who watch their sodium intake. Probably because I fit into the "young with a high metabolism and can eat just about anything with no weight gain" category. lol. I just copied the recipe and it said to add the salt and pepper for taste. To tell the truth, I don't think I even salt and pepper it at the end or even season the meat like it says. So if you're watching your sodium you can leave it out. :thumbup: