View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 06:01 PM
quiltswithdogs

I think it's time for me to THANK YOU SO MUCH! I appreciate all your prayers and beautiful advice.

I do know that stuff, after all, I've been a nurse for 40yrs, or at least I was, and a volunteer for 30, including Hospice 12 years, or at least I was. But you know what? It's just like when you are sick... you can't see the forest for the trees and you forget all the wisdom you ever possessed so cannot help your own needs. So I need to hear kindness like yours.
The next time I have the "blues" or am feeling guilty about quilting when I should be earning an income instead of adding to medical bills or should be keeping up with our household tasks or should be packing for our upcoming move, (we still don't know when), I won't wait 5 months to quilt! I will reread all your lovely comments and feel better. My illnesses don't help matters. This morning, despite a good night sleep, I felt so bad. My husband was concerned because I wasn't my usual chatty cathy self. I finally gave up at 10:30, took a Rx pain pill and went back to bed. I awoke nearly 4 hours later, pain much less and brain functioning so was able to pay the bills. I've decided to forget tidying the kitchen and quilt instead while I still have some energy... fun! Hubby always cooks our dinner. Watch the BOM -Pioneer 09 for my photos. After I get Feb block done, I'll get DH to photograph them and help me put them for you to see. I'm just using fabric recently given my by physical therapist who has switched to working with glass (ouch to her fingers). I'm hoping it's enough to complete the sampler.
OK, here I go a-quilting...! Cathy