Old 06-30-2011, 09:10 PM
SharonAnne

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
:lol: Mary it was a roll of candy, depending on the heat they can be like gummy bears. But I find gummy bears soft in comparison to wine gums. Sometimes they can be so hard that they make your teeth ache from all the chewing. That's why I told you to stick with the brandy........ that reminds me, when I was a kid the big bags of wine gums had the name of which drink they were supposed to be like (and they don't taste like it!) was on top of them.

I remember brandy, sherry and port. Then the poor old memory fails.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Happy Anniversary!!!! May you have many many more years of love and happiness.Aurora-what beautiful fabrics you recieved.Quilting Aggi- Wine gum is candy??? Thought it was a chewing gum.Then I thought no,you don't send that to a secret pal.It must be like gummy bears or gumdrops.Everyone have a happy day. Mary
I met a gal at my new job today and she is from Engand. In fact, she plopped down on the picnic table where I was eating lunch with another co-worker. Well she had a candy bar that did not have an American looking wrapper. It turned out to be from England. She HAS heard of wine gum (used to eat it in the movie theater, she said). And she said you haven't lived until you have eaten (sorry if my memory is wrong) a "Flake" candy bar? Is that right? Turns out the specialty grocery store next to my workplace has an English section where you can get candy from across the pond, but not wine gum (which I also thought was gum). Happy last day of June, everyone. No package here yet. I'm guessing it's stuck in Canada, perhaps?