Thread: Hate My Quilt
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 03:36 AM
sarahrachel

This just happened to me! I was making a country squares quilt, 10 by 10 3/4 blocks, because I wanted to hand piece something and big blocks were easier. So the instructions said to pick a theme and just start pulling out fabrics that went with the theme whether they went together or not. So I did just that. I picked a country theme and pulled fabrics that said country to me. Then it said to cut the blocks and without laying anything out, sew them together. So I did, not exactly liking it at this point because I like to see what it will look like before I start sewing. Then sew 2 more blocks together and I must say, I didn't like the pieces I was sewing together and thinking, maybe I'll just give it away so I won't have to look at this, but once I sewed my strips together and I saw the finished top, I loved it! I'll include a picture, but just keep plugging away at it and it'll work out better than you think!

It's not the best picture and there's another row of big squares on the bottom but I couldn't back up anymore to get it in the pictureThe top, I need to quilt and bind it yet and my earstwhile quilting buddy Mistletoe!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219285[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219279.jpe