Old 07-01-2011, 04:18 AM
SparkMonkey

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
I am doing a anniversary quilt for my husband. It is our 10 year this Aug 4th. I was supposed to be doing 2-3 blocks a day everyday this past month..... well I have 17 blocks compleated out of like 200+ lol So I have to really get busy on it. My husband has seen bits and pieces of it but he has not asked and I have not offered. I have my own room so he is up there rarely. Just want to say congrats on 2 year and hope you get it done in time.

Are you machine quilting or hand quilting?
I'm hand-quilting, but I don't work in the summers. I can get a whole lot done in a day while he's at work (and even a bit on Sunday mornings, while he's out running). I think he's starting to get suspicious that I'm hiding something, though... usually he asks what I worked on when he gets home each day, but he hasn't said anything about it in several days. I'm all prepared to tell him I "organized my yarn stash," or I'm "taking a break from crafts to re-read Harry Potter," but so far I haven't gotten to use any of my water-tight excuses! :P

ETA: Oh and congrats to you too, on your 10-year! I hope you can find your fire to get more blocks done. :)