Old 07-01-2011, 05:39 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I'm taken a break from assembling that free cabinet and treadle that I picked up over a month ago. So, I decided to post some pictures of the recently finished quilt that will be heading to a victim of the Joplin, MO disaster. My neighbor knows of a person that lost everything. Remember, I was given a Touch and Sew in a very nice cabinet for free (from the same neighbor). I recently sold that machine (I think the gal picking up the machine was only interested in the cabinet). Well, the money from that sell went into making this quilt. The pattern is the 'Plain Spoken", and every time I look at this quilt the song "Somewhere Over a Rainbow" comes to mind. This quilt was made using the Eldredge Two Spools for piecing, Singer 201 for quilting, Davis NVF for binding, and Singe 328 for decorative binding stitch for finishing off the quilt. I love recycling and pay it forward!
Monica, how sweet it is that you made this quilt! I love the colors and the way you attached the back of the binding! I can't tell by the picture how you quilted the quilt? Is it stitch in the ditch? That quilt looks huge! All done with treadles - how cool is that!!!!

Nancy