View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 05:39 AM
CoyoteQuilts

Made many, many ties for an ex. They were skinny they were 'bell bottomed' (very wide) and anything in between. I made them conservative and really really wild. They are easy...... but this pattern is different. The reason that the double windsor can't be used with this pattern is the double seam. Yes, it uses less fabric, but is bulker at the knot. Also, when I made mine I sewed them all the way around and turned. The opening for turning was in the fatter part of the tie, but a couple inches above the 'point'. I would also alter this pattern so that there would only be one seam. That way it wouldn't be a bulky. You will need a larger piece of fabric with one seam. Most of my ties required minimum 1 yard. Yes, purchase a length of denim not use old jeans. Also, try one for practice in a lighter weight fabric, but don't get to light of fabric to try (like silky types) because they are harder to handle especially on the bias.

I wish I had a picture to show you all the little stinkers I made. No digital cameras back then......