View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 09:40 AM
saf

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Ugg, The chances are pretty good that like me many of you would love to produce a "Charisma" quilt. Instead the results are far less than eye catching. The words that come to mind are "face grimacing" . Not at all what my mind had planned, my hands and arms had an agenda all their own. There's enough free motion test squares laying around this sewing studio to pad my cell for the day I crack from trying so hard. How does one get the two to compromise and work hand in hand? The way I see Ability is very stubborn and doesn't like my mind at all. So purchasing an expensive machine is the answer, it'll be here next week. Maybe that will show Ability that this is serious! A blue ribbon at the county fair is not the desired destination. Just a little satisfaction and gratification. Is that to much to ask of Ability? We work hard to search the QB for answers, we google, surf, donate, welcome new members, and most of all given substandard quilting projects to people we love because we know they wont tell us our Ability took the day off. So just once I wish that Want to and Ability would come together and not produce something that looks like this.
Hey wish mine looked that good. Give yourself a break and a pat on the back! And I know exactly what you mean......