View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 11:40 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

To stash or not to stash, that is the question. I began with a humble stash, fabric for making clothes for myself and daughter, for Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls, crafts for craft fairs, both for myself and my church. When I would go to stores that are now no longer in business or who have stopped selling fabric - even Sears sold fabric back in the day. Mostly I bought when fabrics were on sale, especially neutrals and backings for making lap quilts and baby quilts. When I was working, I bought fabric when it spoke to me or jumped into my cart. Now my husband is disabled, I can't work because of various health issues and quilting is my only outlet and sanity. I had to purge a lot of my stash when we moved to an apt., and it was extremely difficult. I make a lot of crafts, and hope to make quilted items to sell at craft fairs this fall. I just finished a family reunion quilt, and didn't have to purchase any new fabric to make it, as it came from my stash. That was a good feeling for me. As long as I can stash fabric, I will.