View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 12:33 PM
desertrose

I started with only a few scraps when I decided I had to change my focus of craft, due to arthritis in my hands and wrists. I decided that I wanted to focus on making Quilts4Kids. I'm on social security so I had to get creative about procuring fabrics. I joined two yahoo groups freecycle and a local one and advertised the I was ISO scraps/remnants of cotton fabbrics for the charity. I have received fabrics from yard sales, fabric angels and goodwill finds. I finally have enough fabric selections to make scraps, athletic, toddler and girly theme quilts. It's taken me 6 months of collecting buying some theme fabrics and trimming scraps into useful sizes. Once this starts my minimal stash will dwindle fast and I will had to strart again providing the prices of batting and backing fabrics holds. I currently use flannel sheets, blankets and cotton sheets for backing when available as well as muslin backings. Whatever fits the bill when needed. I've even had quilt angels send me scraps from our QB. Bless you all. :D