Old 05-06-2009, 10:03 AM
flowergirlWard17

I schedule in a project - even if I can only devote an hour per day. My daughter used to take the 2 hour long naps, and, well, I had the time, I had the fabric, and I had the sewing machine, so I got a lot done. Now that she's in school and I'm in school I still have afternoon blocks of time to use to do my sewing while I am shamefully unemployed. I've been finishing up some other painting projects and cleaning out my garage for yard sales these past few months, but now that most of all of that is all done I can sew again while I am home. My house is a mess - but isn't it always?? Since it gets messy and dusty no mater how much I clean or don't clean, I use my time to work on quilts so when I do go back to work I'll have a box full of finished quilts instead of regrets. Don't worry, my tune will change when I go back to work full-time again! But for now, day one hour one, cut the pieces. Day two, start piecing. When I've finished my blocks around day 10 - start cutting the border and settings. Two days later, start putting together the top. I finish a top in about 3 weeks or so, depending on the difficulty, just sewing 1 hour a day. Now, actually QUILTING it, that's a whole different story.

Enn the flower grower