View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 03:02 PM
ontheriver

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
Originally Posted by ontheriver
I just got back from a couple of days in Gulf Shores, Al. Took my 11 yo grandson and his friend down for a little vacation. I spend 4 hours driving down, then about 3 hours playing with them in the Gulf jumping the waves, then we went in the pool, after dinner we went souvenir shopping. Back at the condo, I passed out, they were still going strong. The next day we spend 8 hours at the water park going down the slides. Then we took our flashlights down to the beach, walked and walked while they chased sand crabs. Later, once again I passed out and they were up half the night watching movies. Today we went to the Pensacola Naval Air Museum for about 3 hours, went to lunch, then made the 4 hour drive home. NOW, I need a vacation! Had a great time but I can't remember the last time I have been this tired. I admit I am getting a little too old to keep up with the kids.
That is why God in his infinite wisdom made young people the parents of small children. At least you could give them back.
With 6 of the grandkids yes, I give them back, but this one is mine. I've had custody of him since he was about 8 months old. But the friend I did give back.