Old 07-01-2011, 03:06 PM
SparkMonkey

Originally Posted by QuiltE
You've worked fast since you were thinking about it. Oh please do show us a picture of your WIP!

If you are thinking he is suspicious, is it a sign you are cleaning thngs up more than normal for him to wonder why the neat-freak? Maybe he's keeping an eye on the scrap bin or garbage and it's emptyness seems odd?

Leave those Harry Potter books lying around, as you'd normally leave a book between reads. Just make sure you change the page marker, and read a page or two at that point each time, so you can say to him, oh I was reading the part about, do you remember that? :)

And be careful of his run times .... in case he returns early!

Maybe do some Mug Rugs, to have in stages and leave out as decoys?

And remember ... some pics for us to ogle on!
I think maybe the fact that I haven't been harassing him with half-finished crafts is tipping him off. ;) I like feedback on my projects, and he's the only person I see most days, so he has to suffer the consequences. But, he also just started a new job in the last few weeks, so he could just be distracted and not noticing that I've not been waving pieces of sewing under his nose.

I did notice him eyeballing some telltale threads on my shirt earlier this week, but I made an offhand comment about cutting binding strips for a baby quilt I've got going, and I think that satisfied his curiosity.

I've got one more section of wide border and a narrow border to put on, and then I can share some pics. That'll happen Sunday morning, I think. Between running 15 miles and potty/water breaks, he should be gone for a good 2 hours at least...

It is SO HARD not to spill the beans. I tell him everything. I'm honestly afraid I'll crack sometime in the next month! I'm glad I have all y'all here to share my progress with, or I know I wouldn't make it. :)