Thread: Car troubles!
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Shadow Dancer

My truck started that four years ago, it ran fine during spring and summer, then once fall arrived it would start great, but would not stay running unless I kept my foot on the gas. For two years I spent more time at the garage then I care to remember. Of course as soon as it saw the mechanic it ran beautifully which made the mechanic seriously wonder about me. lol

They thought maybe there was water in the gas, so told me to use gas line anti-freeze. Then they said it could be ice crystals in the gas filter.Then they decided it needed a new battery, it ran great for two days then we were back to the same old hassles. Finally mechanic threw his hands up and said that it was a Dodge, get used to it! Once I got it moving it was fine, I used to leave it running when I checked the mail or ran into the grocery store for something.

Finally after two winters of dreading having to go out and do battle with it they discovered the alternator was toast, it wasn't charging my battery so when I started it, the battery didn't have enough charge to keep it running. So get that changed and it's been great. Except for the day I went to town and pulled in to park and the brake pedal went to the floor and the poor woman in front of me I swear saw her life pass before her eyes! LOL Turns out the young kid who did the service on it decided to top up the transmission fluid, only problem was that he topped up the brake fluid with transmission fluid..... a new master cylinder and brakes lines all flushed out and I was good to go again. Needless to say the only person I allow to work on it now is the mechanic.