View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 07:16 PM
TeresaPendino

Your 4 corners should be pinned at this point. You should have 4 "window panes" in the center.
Tack & Pin Some of your corners on your panes will be loose.

1.Tack these loose corners down.

2.Place your print squares in the center of each pane & pin.

3.On each side of a print, fold the pane over & pin all the way around your print square. Pinning only through the part you folded over your print. The pane will taper itself at the corners. (See photo) Remove the initial center pin once you have all 4 sides of the panes pinned.

4. Do your stitching at the edge of your pane (solid) all the way around your print... only going through the layer that you pinned to your print & your print. (See photo for clarification)

Your block is complete. Make more blocks just like this one. Take out the block corner pins & attach in the same manner that you attached the 4 initial 4.5" blocks. Add print the same way as the initial blocks to create more "windows"

I hope you have found this easy. If you have any problems, feel free to ask. There are other great tutorials & different methods to do this on the boards. I am a beginner, as you can see from my photos, but I still felt accomplished. :) The more that I do, the better they will look I'm sure. As I might have mentioned earlier, I was a bit reluctant to do this tutorial. There are so many talented & knowledgable people here. Their work looks like perfection in my opinion. I just wanted to show other beginners that a fellow beginner can do this.:)

Tack & PIn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219594[/ATTACH]

Finished CW block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]219595[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219588.jpe   attachment-219589.jpe