View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Tinabug

Dear Linda,
I have great empathy for you since I am facing some of the same health issues. I have inherited some of the family’s worst arthritic genetics. I also have a great Dr. specializing in diagnostics and pain. I have been the whole route of drs. and have found this specialty to be the best as far as pain relief. My dr. is very considerate; he listens to all my complaints (there’s a lot!) and comes up with options. I am looking at a knee replacement but first am trying some of the artificial lubricant injections. Works pretty good. Realistically, I know I will always have pain. I just need to learn when to have pain relief injections and learn what foods aggravate the arthritis pain and do my exercise and stretches. Yoga works really good and swimming. Pay attention to your diet, consider a gluten free diet. I know it’s difficult, but you do get results. Go online to search gluten free diets. I have had a really bad 2 weeks of pain and having injections, but please know that I am here and living thru some of the same issue and you can yank my chain any ol’ day when you need encouragement. We all need that support. Sometimes family’s don’t understand or don’t want to, or maybe we don’t want to share our health issues with those who don’t understand. Anyway, it’s a process and one we cannot ignore. Oh, by the way, your dr. is an @$$ hole! If you do go back to him (not a good idea) Tell him you hope he feels the same level of pain, you are having, in his crotch area. Anytime you want to vent about your pain send a pm to me. Take care and have a blessed 4th of July.