View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 03:23 AM
kaykwilts

ok...I guess I will share a story or two. I usually don't share much of this type of stuff because people think I am nuts...but here goes.

Back in the eighties and nineties, I worked as a midwife, delivering babies at home. During my apprenticeship, the primary midwife and I were delivering a baby for a young couple outside the (then small town) of Kaufman. This baby was born with a hole in her heart (ok, please folks, let's NOT start a conversation about the safety of homebirth!!! That's not relevant to my story!!) This was before the days of sonograms being used routinely. Anyway, neither I nor the primary had oxygen with us. While waiting for the ambulance to arrive, the primary took the baby to the living room to wait. The father was on the front porch. I was in the bedroom with the mom. The father reported looking up the street and seeing a young man dressed in a coveralls walking up the street toward the house. He was carrying an oxygen tank. He stopped and asked the father if this was the house where the baby had been born. He said yes. Without another word, this "man" walked up to the house, and into the living room. He set the tank down next to the midwife and asked her if she knew how to turn it on. She said yes, but could he as she had her hands full. He turned on the tank, handed her the pediatric size O2 mask, smiled and told her all would be well, and walked back out the door. He didn't speak to the father but just walked up the street, and vanished (according to the father). Shortly thereafter, the ambulance arrived. The baby was transported to Parkland, and was sent back home after a short stay for the repair of a small hole in her heart. But that same day, when the midwife returned to get me (we had arrived in the same car) she asked where the O2 tank went...I asked what O2 tank? Needless to say, the tank was missing. None of the neighbors reported to us that they owned an O2 tank, nor did anyone in town match the description of the man who had delivered it to the house. We all decided an angel had delivered it.

And this one....the house I lived in before buying my current residence had been owned by the same man since the early 40's. He had died in the house at the age of 87. He would stop by many days and nights, to see what we were doing with his beloved home...we could always tell he was there as he would roll his wheelchair up and down the hallway. A deeply committed Christian, I never feared his presence, as I knew he had been sent back to resolve something, or let us know about something...and he just didn't have a "spooky" presence. The last time I saw or heard him, he woke me up in the middle of the night, sitting in his wheelchair on my side of the bed. I turned to him and said, "Please, not tonight. I am really tired." He went away and I never saw him again.

And finally, my Dad was a pilot and owned the same small plane from the early 70's onward. I took many trips in that plane growing up and even some as an adult. (He kept it in mint condition)...now, where I lived at the time he passed on was in an area of restricted air space....no private planes could fly over this area, and the military planes that did land and take off ONLY flew in a certain direction...ONLY. One day, I was out in my large vegetable garden working and suddenly heard a small plane engine. I looked up and there was my Dad's plane (bear in mind, he had sold the plane the yr before he died, and I lived nearly a thousand miles from him), flying a perpendicular course to the normal flight pattern...something that I had NEVER seen in the many years I had lived in that house. He waved his wings, as he always did when he said goodbye to me, and flew out of sight. It was an amazing and comforting sight.

I could relate many other stories, as I have had encounter with angels, departed ones, and demons nearly all my life...but this has been long enough!!! But thanks for letting me share.