View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 03:53 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

After reading several of the responses, I have to agree that you need a second opinion and fast. I feel your pain, as I too have many problems in my joints because of arthritis - remember - it is not your friend. However, that said, there are ways to better cope with the disease. Since I've moved, I'm trying to build up the network I used to have where I got help. I went to a massage therapist who was extremely helpful, felt better after the first session, and was amazed at my progress. Look for alternatives, but please get a second opinion and fast. I too met with an uncaring doctor, and for the first time, wrote a letter to the administrator and got an apology. When I saw another Dr. in that clinic - at the recommendation of a friend - he said he was told to be very nice to me. Sometimes you get results by being a lion and raising a ruckus. It sure felt good to me to have someone listen. Get that second opinion, and know that there are others that face similar obstacles every day. Hang in there.