Old 05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
jacquemoe

Originally Posted by Crissie
Hi Jackie,

I wrote early this morning but I don't see my post? I just wanted to ask you if your using a long-arm machine and are you free-hand quilting. Your work is very lovely and I really like your border, it's going to be very nice when it all comes together. Thanks for sharing and please show the finall work... I can hardly wait to see the end results! Great Job so far~

Happy Quilting...
Here goes. The boats are embroidered with a $1.00 design I downloaded from Embroidery Library. Our longarm instructor (online class) gave us the layout for the quilt. I was supposed to make applique boats but I didn't want to (me, the rebel). Our instructor gave us a challenge to find our own quilting designs and we had to do a million freehand sketches (slight exaggeration) but she did give hints. I used a coloring book to find my dolphin and copied the other motifs from parts of various sources. LOL, I did freehand the starfish, like you couldn't tell that. I am also freehanding the water background, such as it is. I use water soluable ink and draw where I need to, like the dolphins, shells, seahorse. I freehanded the swirly thing in the one border, as you can tell. So, don't anyone look TOO closely. When you have your nose right there where your quilting, you see every little thing that isn't perfect and just want to scream when your hands don't do what you want them to. I'd be glad to answer any other questions that I didn't cover. I still feel like a newbie at longarm quilting.