Thread: Quilt of Valor
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Kallen

Originally Posted by lue
So is there an organization called Quilts of Valor and do they send quilts to service men and women? If so, I wonder how they select who receives them? People in hospitals? People in the field? Your quilt, by the way, is GORGEOUS!!
Yes----just go to qovf and it will pop up with their website. There are lots of guidelines to follow. When you are all finished, you contact them and they will give you a destination to send it to. They are in contact with all the branches of the service and many groups that care for our wounded heroes and that's how they know where to find those to "cover." You can also give one to someone you find yourself and then you let QOV know who you presented your quilt to. For this quilt I was given a name of a Marine who had been wounded by a friend of mine who is head of the Marine Moms in my area. You may have someone in your own hometown to give one to. I just sent 10 quilts that my guild and I made to a women veteran's retreat for women suffering from PTSD. Three more are going out today to Brooke Army Med Center. Their QOVF contact just reported an increase of wounded coming out of Afghanistan via Germany. If you love our troops, maybe you might enjoy making a quilt for one of our wounded too. Check out the site and see how easy it is to do. :D