Old 07-02-2011, 08:44 AM
rushdoggie

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
I don’t know about the rest of you, but when I was a child I loved fireworks, and I still do. I have 3 dogs and the fireworks don’t seem to bother them at all. I don’t buy fireworks anymore because of money being so tight, but I do still enjoy celebrating the 4th of July and I am able to watch firework show from my front yard because the park is just a few blocks away and it’s awesome to be able to watch the children in the neighborhood having a great time. It only comes around once a year and I see no harm in people (not stupid people) enjoying celebrating the holiday. To each their own, that’s what great about the US freedom!!!! Sorry some of your pets get upset with them, but I think the people have the right to celebrate. Everyone have a great 4th and try not to be so cranky….LOL
I am not cranky. I think the real fireworks are pretty, but I don't see the point in firecrackers--and that is what has been scaring Molly for a week now. I simply would like to help her, so that she doesn't shake and panic everytime she hears them.
I am right there with you, sister! Its really not because I don't want people to enjoy themselves but it gets tiresome to hear them all night, night after night. I get tired of the mess on my street and I worry about all the drunk people shooting off fireworks that could set a house on fire (we live in a neighborhood, not out in the boonies). Last year on 2 occasions during the week my cars and driveway were covered with the confetti and crap that goes along with the fireworks. Seems like every year somewhere around here something goes up because a bottle rocket goes up on a roof or into a dead tree or something.

And I used to have a dog who was really scared too, and who could blame them. From his POV they were an unpredictable loud thing that he couldn't understand. "Tough love" can't take away fear from a truly terrified animal. Some dogs and breeds can be really "noise phobic" (and Border Collies are one) and its heartbreaking to see them spend a week hiding under the bed and being worried they will panic and run off.

I wish they would use them on July 4th only, then I would be more tolerant, I think.