View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Skeat

Originally Posted by liwilliams
I, for one, will not be upset to receive blocks that are not perfect. That's really not the point of the swap. I know we are all doing the best we can. I know that I will cherish this quilt once finished because it will have blocks that are from all of you wonderful gals. And I really appreciate what Omak had to say - it's very encouraging to think I'll learn from doing a block again and again.

I said I planed on washing and drying my fabric last night - but hubby was hogging the washer and dryer doing a load of towels and then another load of jeans. No way am I'm going to stop that!! LOL!! So tonight I plan on preparing my fabric. And hopefully cutting out some blocks tomorrow.

Linda
Linda...I am so HAPPY to hear you say that! That is exactly how I feel too! Here's my problem and everyone needs to pipe in here for me:)I was not happy w/the first block I made on mine...I was happy w/the fact I over-came what I have never tried before and always wondered how to fit in a square like that! But, after sewing the first one...I could not stretch-pull-curse that block to a 12 1/2"! So, I enlarged the pattern a smidgen....sewed and then cut it down a bit to get it exact to 12 1/2"! I posted the pic of it. Then realized that the points are too close to the edge. So, double checked my guide on my presser foot to make sure it was 1/4"...resewed a block w/the original measurments. Only to still have to stretch and pull it and curse to get it to 12 1/2". I didn't even sew the seams on the 1/4"...I kept it slightly in. The problem is that it still was a booger and I had also already cut all my pieces before I realized my points were so close to the edge. Does it upset anyone if they were to get these??Do tell! It could be me somehow even though the seams on the back look good and even...could be my ironing...I don't know!:)Skeat