Old 07-02-2011, 09:56 AM
I go To The Sea To Breathe

As some of you may know, my husband is a minister who because of ill health was forced into retirement almost 3 yrs ago. He has been miserable. He was a wonderful minister and really ministered to the hospital, shut ins and especially the dying. He was such a comfort to them. The only time during the week that he comes alive ? is on Sunday when we attend church as members in the pew. He can't really do things in the church we attend due to causing divisions among the congregation. This is not the church he pastored, but many people know and love him. He has been asked to go to a church 1500 miles away, to our "home congregation" that we came from when he decided to enter seminary. we have many many friends there. they need a pastor to keep them together until they have grown a little and can "call " a younger person who would take over completely. Should we handle this as a missionary type "call"? go for like a year. I really wan t to do this, we would be so much closer to my family on the other coast...so please pray that God will get us where He wants us. we still have a few good years left......