View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 10:24 AM
clem55

I haven't seen ghosts but my sister claimed to have seen my grandmother two different times outside her home shortly after grandma died. My sister was living in grandma's house at the time grandma died. grandma was at my aunt's home, part of the farm property, and she wanted to "go home" so badly, and couldn't. After the farm was sold, three different times, each family reported seeing or heariong ghosts. What is so great about that ,to me anyway, my grandma definitly believed and loved to tell ghost stories, so she would defintly " haunt her own home if she could. LOL My own expeeiences are mostly dreamlike. In my dreams, my dad has always come to "visit" those are his words, and and he is only going to be there for a short time . My sisters and my mom also dreamed of dad that same way, always a visit. My last dream of my dad was about three weeks before my mom died, and in it he was coming into the kitchen , and he said ,"it is time" When I cried "no daddy", he said ,"mom is tired, and it is time for her to go." I was only 19 when dad died, and 30 when mom died., and I really was sort of emotionally dependent on my mom, sort of scared I couldn't make it without her support. My clearest dream of mom, was right before Thanksgiving, just a few months after she passed. In that dream, I was in my kitchen, making Thanksgiving dinner and mom and her very best friend were sitting at the bar. Aunt Mayme said,"Ade, don't you think we should help her?" And Mom answered ."no, Carol is perfectly able to handle things all by herself."These "dreams" give me a lot of comfort, and I do believe I am actually getting a visit from them in that manner. My Mom had a dream that my brother, who was in the navy and in the Aleaution(?) Islands had fallen overboard and she could see himn in the water and he called for her. She was notified a couple days later that that had actually happened. My brother had seen many things that made him have doubts about God, and toward his end, he was so scared of dying. I was with him, and whatI saw and heard, made me a strong believer that there is a life after, and that our loved ones are waiting for us. My brother had slipped into a coma, and suddenly, he was making a heart-rendering sound that at first I thought was from pain. When I rushed to his side, I was amazed to see that he was crying and laughing at the same time, and there were tears in his eyes. He cried,"MOM!!" I responded to him as if he were my son, sang the LOrd's Prayer for him, and he passed as soon as I finished. I have no doubt that he saw my mother, and she was waiting for him, so he was able to die, knowing all he had been taught was true, and he didn't need to be afraid to go.