Old 05-06-2009, 11:54 PM
quiltswithdogs

Please remember my poor daughter in your prayers. She just called from her conference in Chicago all upset because her home and new business are so close to that bad fire that the areas have been evacuated. Nobody is allowed to go in and collect anything so her friends were not able to go get any of her possessions from her home ie photos, musical instruments, quilts I've made her, other sentimental treasures. She and her business partner have used their loan to get the offices all set up. My hubby, mom and I are all ready to go visit her next Wed for the big Open House/ Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. I sure hope this disaster is over and that the fire never reaches either her home or business. She's especially concerned about her little dog, but I assured her that her friend of several years, who loves the little guy too, will take good care of him. She knows that, but still... to be so far from her baby at a dangerous time is wrenching her heart. I wish I didn't live 8hrs away or I'd go get her shelter adopted darling little chihuaua-dachsund-minature pincher (I call him a chihua-oxie-pin).

Santa Barbara, on the California coast, is a gorgeous place to live but when there is a fire that is bad, it's always because of winds. I guess everyplace has it's own weather problem.