Old 07-02-2011, 11:27 AM
jdiane318

Originally Posted by kateyb
We used to live in Springdale. All the LQS's in the area are wonderful. Sounds like there are a couple that weren't there before. You missed the one in Harrison, AR. The area around the Beaver Dam is beautiful. We used to go there fairly often. Is the store that specializes in Hawaiian prints in Eureka Springs still there?
The craft fair at War Eagle in the fall is amazing. You need to try to make it. I got flour at the War Eagle Mill pretty often. Some of the bags for the flour are fabric. Depends on the size. They have a good restaurant , too.
I have been visiting that area since I was a child. Because of the holiday weekend, didn't even want to try to get into Eureka Springs. I had planned on buying some cornmeal and biscuit mix but by the time I would have backtracked and got on 412 to 303, would have lost about an hour. War Eagle Mills also has a website now, but it is more fun to visit. The spring show was cancelled due to flooding and all the rain. Sad, too, they had just put in brand new flooring in the mill. I love eating at the Bean Palace. I call it my introspective sabbatical. I have been to the quilt shop off the corner of 412. Not much in Harrison, didn't want to go that far south. I do like The Curiosity shop outside Yellville.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219849.jpe