View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 01:11 PM
cheezythequiltmaker

Originally Posted by mom-6
The way I tried before had you do front and back connecting strip more or less at the same time. You stitched both front and back connecting strips to the original square in a single seam onto the original square. Then you attached the next square to the back strip and topstitched the front strip to the second square.
I only did it as a 3 square vertical wall hanging so I don't know how the rows were to be put together. I'm guessing it would be done the same way as adding squares. Maybe need cornerstones?
Okay... What I would do is keep the backing and wadding wider than the front block then stitch the front strip on first, then use that sticthing line on the back to help you place the back strip. Stitich the ( also bigger) back strip on as you did before. this "stuffs" your sashin with enough wadding so you can fasten the other side as you di before.

Assemble all the rows of your quilt first and then join them int he same way. remeber you need to leave a fair ammount of wadding and batting excess on the edges you are going to join so there is enough when you get there.

try it on a spare bit of wadding backing and something to represent your top so you are clear what to put where and when!
Good luck with it!

best Becks