Old 07-02-2011, 03:06 PM
HanNatNana

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by missgigglewings
My little girl was delivered today...there is no owners manual, so can one of you collectors-in-the-know please tell me what this part is for. It fits in a hole in the front right corner of the bottom.

I need to buy a key too!

She was born August 1, 1921 in NJ. She's a Singer 128, not a featherweight. (a 3/4 machine)
She is a beauty. That is the knee control lever (rather than having a foot pedal)

Texas Jan
Ok, I'm gonna admit my ignorance! This is the same machine I picked up at the consignment store for $38. There was no foot pedal so I thought it was just missing. There is the "knee control" in the case but I didn't know what it was for.

Also, my case is really really broken on the bottom. How is the best way to repair it? The top is in good shape.

The wires are iffy so I haven't tried to sew with it but everything turns and moves well. Also, what does the bullet bobbin look like? I can't tell if there is one in there are not.

As I said, my ignorance is really showing on this machine!! :)

PS: Her SN is G9842042, born Feb 19, 1923, 15,000 allotment.
Just recently there was an eBay seller who had bottom cases for sale in a choice of three timber colours, but I've just done a quick search and can't find them...maybe it was too quick!! LOL Maybe keep an eye on eBay unless you can find a donor machine and swap cases.

Keys are available too, but as usual, some are quite costly.
Bronwyn ;-)