View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 04:46 PM
sarahrachel

I'm already thinking Christmas and what everyone's faces will look like when they open their gifts. Then for some reason, my mind strayed to those who don't get gifts at Christmas, or don't get to see their families. And it made me sad, all those frowns and sad people on Christmas.

So I decided I was going to make 1 extra quilt and give it to one of the local nursing homes. I was watching All in the Family last night, and I think this is where the idea came from, and Edith was working at the Sunshine Home and the one lady died and was sort of upset that her daughter hadn't come to visit her in a while, and how she was sad.

So I'm going to make 1 extra quilt, even just a lap quilt, and take it to the nursing home and have it all tied up in a nice simple red bow, and ask the front desk to take it to someone who doesn't receive many visitors.

SO my challenge to you is to make one extra quilt, just one, it can be a patchwork or anything you like, and take it to either a nursing home, a homeless shelter and just donate it to the shelter, or the local children's home because I know every year ours goes around and asks for gifts to give the children so that each child can open at least 1 present.

I'll keep you posted on my quilt and you can post yours as well if you want.