Old 07-02-2011, 05:01 PM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by barri1
Yes, Socrates is a dog.. and if he has issues.. so be it.. He works very hard during the week, and I'm appreciative for all he does.. Since I work long hours, I started dropping him off as a pup at my elderly parents house in the am. and pick him up on the way home from work.. Even though he is 17 lbs.. He is one of the best watch dogs I can ask for.. My mom is now alone, and lives in a great area, but since she's in her 80's, I have a good feeling knowing that she can go out, and she has some protection..
Tough love is not for every circumstance..
AMEN!!! My beloved late Husky had pointed ears and the noise bothered his ears just like thunder did and like loud noises should for normal human beings. My Shepherd is not bothered by them now but may be in the future. I don't take pity on my animals but I do believe in empathy for the situation. They can't cover their ears; they can only try to hide and hope they have empathetic people watching over them.
I stand by my stupid people comment because people who let little children use firecrackers are just plain stupid. I am a former cop and cannot begin to estimate the number of firework related injuries I responded to as a cop on duty on the 4th of July or any other holiday deemed fireworks worthy!!!