Old 05-07-2009, 06:28 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I am so glad you rescued them!! I get impatient wiht people who complain their dog is not house broken or is chewing everything in site or is a trouble maker! It isn't the dog's responsibility to change these behavior problems it is the owner who should be in charge!!
Just don't give them so much freedom to get into such troubling behavior!

I am so glad to see a responsible pet owner!! I hate seeing dogs running loose getting in trouble or maybe getting run over just because an owner can't be bothered to take care of their pet.

I inherited my son's German Shorthaired Pointer. He bought it for Christmas as another hunting dog but also for a guard dog for the house but they let her have the run of the house at 8 wks old and she chewed the furniture and pottied every where! This is a son I raised and he worked with me training dogs! He knows better but his family would leave for the day and leave the dog free to run the house. Well when they got home they would find lovely messes!

So he asked if I would house break her and she was 4 months old. She is now going on 6 yrs old and I still have her!! He didn't want to take her back home! Too much trouble! She was probably the most challenging dog I have ever worked with because she is the most independent stubborn going to do it my way dog I have ever seen!! She is now finallly realizing that I am and will! be boss!