Old 07-02-2011, 09:32 PM
AngieS

Originally Posted by dunster
Other than checking to see if the needle is inserted correctly, I have no advice. However - I want to congratulate you on having the most descriptive title I have ever seen on a post! So much better than those that just say "need help".
WOW! Thank you. ;) I just figured that you should know what you are opening up. It is irritating to me (not to mention time consuming) when I open a post to find out that it's no where near what I thought it was and I wind up just clicking out of it.

I so appreciate your help. I will try these things after church tomorrow. This is the first time that I have actually sat down to see how it sews and then was frustrated because it never would pick up the thread.

At the moment it was threading from left to right in the needle. I will check and see if it helps to turn the needle around. Also, yes, I have the pointy part of the metal bobbin case pointed up. I will try to change the way the thread will unwind and see if that helps.

Thank you all so much for your ideas, help and the link. I just love this place! ;)

Quilty Hugs!