Thread: Good Fortune
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 10:32 PM
GwenH

Yes that is the pattern. It is actually a Quilt Store Promotoin called Stash Pot Pie, each month we get a new pattern and we are supposed to use fabrics from our stash to make the quilt, so far I've made 3 quilts and all the fabric I used was from my stash, except for the border on this one, and of course the backing.

Yes, my sister was having alot of severe lower back pain, and was doctoring for a couple of months for that reason and also she wasn't feeling well, they did a lot of tests but nothing was showing up, then they decided to do a CT Scan, and that's when they found the tumor on her pancreas, they can't remove it because right now without damaging some vital organs, they did a biposy and found out that it was cancerous. That was in mid June, she started treatments around the 15th for 2 weeks and she is home for 10 days and then back for another 2 weeks of treatments, then they will do another CT Scan to see if the tumor is shrinking and if so they will remove it as soon as they can do so safely. So far there is no cancer showing up in any blood work and nothing in the lymph nodes, so hopefully that is a good sign that she will get through this ok.

Originally Posted by Kitsie
Really like that pattern! So sorry for your sister, I hear that pancreatic is a very painful cancer and I wish her the best. Thoughts with her! :wink: ;) ;-)

Is the pattern a published one or did you design it?

Is this the one?
http://shop.countrythreads.com/produ...&cat=16&page=1