View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Amythyst02

Patti, I had a similar question recently, and I was amazed at how helpful everyone was. But, the best advice I got was to go and test out the ones I was interested in, and to take along the types of fabric I would be using.

I have a Kenmore as well, but a fairly new model, and although it sews beautifully for clothing, it was struggling on thick materials. Thus my reason for looking for a new one, as I want to make quilts and it just will not be able to handle it. It struggled on fleece when I was making a robe for my hubby.

If you are going to spend a great deal of $$ I would strongly suggest you purchase from a local dealer. Althought there are some excellent dealers online, you will probably need to have some type of lessons, or at least someone to call and talk with about questions you have.

Best of luck in your search and keep us updated, and let us know what you decide. Also, right now there are some excellent buys going on here at least, they are having Christmas in July. So some very good sales.