View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 AM
omak

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
:-) Thank you... thank you... thank you! Sweet words of approval.

I try hard to do my very best each time I make something. I try and chose something that would take me just a little further than my skills are, it forces me to learn.

A hint cynde ... The cat is looking at it! Lol! It is intended to blend into the picture. The next step is to do the free motion outlining and embellishments. That is going to be the fun part. I want to find a hot fix crystal that is a very dark teal blue for his eye.

I will try and think of something a little less labor intensive for the ending of that quilt. I get too picky with the applique. I want this finished in my lifetime. LoL! Maybe some golden like the center with small prarie points to bring out the color with some intrest? I guess we will see.
I may be too late ... but, I really looked at your garden/sunflower/cat/bird quilt ... and I went through a TON of outside border ideas ... I cannot imagine .. oh, I think you said the other was red ... How about something that looks like a fence with the current type outer border fabric what you see through the fence ... ?